Going on a first date with someone can be an exciting yet nerve-racking experience. That first date can either turn out to be a great one or someone you don’t want to see again. Of course, you want it to be the former. Unfortunately, a lot of people have annoying dating habits.
Nevertheless, there are many ways to find a person you want to get to know more. You can consult a professional matchmaker in DC to help you find “the one.” You can also check out online dating sites and apps if you are hoping to find the person you’ve been looking for all your life.
Hitting it off online
Dating sites and mobile apps have become popular these past years. Meeting new people has become more convenient, even if you are miles away from each other. It is also one way to get to know the other person on the line before actually meeting in person.
However, there are a lot of people who are guilty of these online dating horrors. Hopefully, you are not among these people.
1. Posting the wrong photos
Never post a group photo as your default profile picture. Likewise, displaying an image taken from the Internet is not good either. If you want to create a good impression on other people, post your picture that shows your face so that the person on the other line at least has an idea of whom he or she is talking to.
2. Going overboard with those emojis
Use these to a minimum. It’s much better if you use the right emojis. Resist the urge to put those eggplant or waterdrop emojis because they can be a turn-off, especially if it’s your first time talking to that person.
3. Deliberately delaying responses
Doing so means you are not respecting the other person’s time and effort to communicate with you. If you do not feel a connection with that person, you can always tell it as politely and nicely as possible.
How to act on a first date
Some of you might have already gone on several dates, which resulted in a second date or the last time you ever saw that person again. If you want to have a date to remember, here are some pointers:
- Don’t make your date like a job interview. Instead, it should be a fun experience and not something that will make your date be intimidated with you. Never ask about their past relationships, work experiences, and the like.
- Relax. Don’t let negativity get in your way. Make your date a fun experience for both of you. Make it more about the person and not about you by getting to know them more.
- There are times when you don’t feel any connection with the other person at first. There are a lot of couples who did not immediately feel any spark on their first date but ended up together anyway. Don’t lose hope – that special someone can be just around the corner.
Going on a date can be a good start. Some dates might not end up successful, while some people eventually find their special someone after several dates. You should not rush to find love. More often than not, it will just come to you when you least expect it.